500g bread flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried instant yeast
350ml warm water
Sesame seeds (optional)
- First mix the warm water with the honey and yeast in a small bowl or jug. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Add the wet mixture into the flour and mix together completely. It should come together into a slightly wet dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, place into a greased bowl, cover and rest for 2 hours.
- Divide into 8 equal sized portions, roll into balls and the cover for 15-20 mins.
- Poke a hole in each dough ball and work the dough into a bagel shape.
- Bring water to a boil in a large sauce pan, add 1 tsp of honey and baking soda. Carefully drop the bagels in, cook for 1 minute each side.
- Carefully remove from the pan, draining off any excess water and place onto a lined oven tray.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious and healthy recipes? Grab a copy of my cookbook, filled with a delightful collection of flavourful dishes that are easy to prepare and perfect for every occasion.
Join the Meals with Max community and discover a world of culinary wonders that will tantalise your taste buds and inspire your kitchen adventures. Happy cooking!