540g plain flour
14g active dried yeast
1 tsp salt
80g unsalted butter
240ml warm milk
For the filling:
2 tbsp cinnamon
For the chocolate frosting:
150g greek yogurt
150g dark chocolate
Macros per cinnamon roll:
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl, followed by the yeast. Mix until combined, then add the salt. Mix again.
- Add the eggs, butter, honey and warm milk. Mix until it forms a shaggy dough and then tip out onto a flat surface.
- Knead for 10 minutes until you have a smooth and stretchy dough. Place into a large greased bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
- Punch down the dough, tip it out the bowl and roll into a thin large rectangle.
- Mix the filling ingredients and evenly coat the dough, right to the edges.
- Carefully roll up the dough until you have a long log shape. Cut the log into 12 even pieces.
- Place into a greased oven proof tray on one single layer, swirl side up. Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Brush with milk and bake in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.
- For the topping melt your dark chocolate in the microwave, leave to cool for a minute and then gradually whisk in the Greek yogurt. Place in the fridge until your buns have cooled, then spread an even layer over the top. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious and healthy recipes? Grab a copy of my cookbook, filled with a delightful collection of flavourful dishes that are easy to prepare and perfect for every occasion.
Join the Meals with Max community and discover a world of culinary wonders that will tantalise your taste buds and inspire your kitchen adventures. Happy cooking!